Lime and Lemongrass BBQ Skewers
- 24 extra large green Australian prawns
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 long green chillies, finely chopped, plus extra for rice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- Fresh coconut, lime, cucumber and mint to serve
Place the lemongrass, chillies, ginger, sugar and fish sauce in a small food processor and process to a rough paste.
Place lemongrass paste and vegetable oil in a large bowl and combine. Peel the prawns leaving the tails on. Add prawns and toss to coat. Thread onto skewers lengthways.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to infuse flavours.
Rinse rice thoroughly under cold water and place in a medium saucepan with 2½ cups of water. Bring to the boil and cook uncovered for 8‐10 minutes or until tunnels appear. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through coconut cream, salt and extra chilli. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, covered.
Preheat a chargrill or barbeque and cook for 1‐2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
Serve with fresh coconut, cucumber, mint and lime