Prawn Tom Yum
- 1 stick lemon grass
- 300g banana prawns whole
- 1 knob ginger
- 2 chillies
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lime
- Fish sauce (to taste)
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander
- 700ml chicken stock
- Splash Cobram olive oil
Serves/makes: Serves 2
1. Peel banana prawns and set prawn meat aside on a plate.
2. Place shells in frypan on a medium heat, splash some olive oil in the pan.
3. While the shells are frying, place 700ml of chicken stock into a pot and bring to simmer
4. Transfer fried shells into chicken stock.
5. Whilst stock is simmering, roughly chop ginger, chilli, kaffir lime lemongrass and coriander root and add to stock.
6. Allow to simmer for 10mins, strain off soup and add to a fresh pot and bring back to a simmer.
7. Add prawns to stock along with thinly sliced chilli and season to taste with fish sauce and lime juice.
8. Continue simmering soup until the prawns are just cooked, take off the heat.
9. Place in a bowl with bean sprouts, cover with tom yum soup and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.