Sizzling Prawn Fajitas with Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Olive oil
- 24 green Australian prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- Tomato salsa
- 1 250 g punnet mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 long red chilli finely chopped
- 2 spring onions sliced
- Corn tortillas chipotle hot sauce and fresh lime to serve
- Tequila mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- ½ cup mayonnaise
To make mayonnaise: combine the tequila and mayonnaise, set aside.
To make the tomato salsa: place the tomatoes, coriander, lime and chilli in a bowl season with salt and mix to combine.
To make the prawn fajitas: place prawns, paprika chipotle and oil in a bowl and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat cast iron hot plate over high heat. Add onion and capsicum, cook 2 min. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add prawns, cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh chilli and spring onion and serve with grilled corn tortillas, hot sauce, lime and tomato salsa.