Garlic Butter & Lemon Prawn Pasta
A recipe by Ben Ungermann
- 4 cloves garlic
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lemon
- 150g tagliatelle
- 200g banana prawns whole
- murray river salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- splash Cobram olive oil
- 1 tsp Spice & Co cayenne pepper
Serves/makes: Serves 2
1. Peel banana prawns and set prawn meat aside on a plate.
2. Place shells in frypan on a medium heat, splash some olive oil in the pan.
3. In a large pot, place salted water and bring to the boil.
4. Add a cup of water to the fry pan, and reduce until ¼ remains. Strain off and place into a fresh large frypan.
5. Add tagliatelle to salted water (allow to cook for 5-6 mins and strain)
6. Add butter, peel garlic and finely slice this and parsley stalks, add to prawn shell reduction.
7. Add prawns to prawn shell reduction.
8. Add strained pasta combined with sauce and prawns. Season with lemon to taste.
9. Place pasta in a bowl with lemon and finely chopped parsley.